Forms & Resources

Travel Authorization (TA)

  • You must have a Travel Authorization in place before you can travel, to ensure that you are covered by University insurance. If you are not employed by the University, please email
  • This form must be completed even if you have a Travel Grant from the Graduate School or is someone else is paying your expenses.
  • A Student Code of Conduct While Traveling form must be completed each academic year.
  • Travel Grant form and travel authorization (after being completed and signed by your professor) need to be turned in to Tina Paul in the Electrical Engineering Office. 

Travel Card (TCard)

  • You are responsible for making your own travel arrangements after you turn in your travel authorization form to the department and your travel is approved.
  • There is a departmental administrative travel card available for purchasing airline tickets, hotel, conference registration and rental cars (per university contract - to receive, email
  • If you are going to use the department TCard for airfare, you will need to use Self Register on the Concur travel web site (scroll down and use the red highlighted Self-Registration button).
  • The TCard cannot be used for meals or any other expenses not listed above.

If You Are Driving

  • There are additional requirements that apply to driving a private vehicle or a rental for University Business. 
  • Complete and complete the one time online driving course.
  • Complete the Student Vehicle Safety Program form annually. Bring a physical copy to the EE department. Do not email the form.
  • Go to the Risk Management page for policies and forms, and submit to the Department of Electrical Engineering.

While Traveling

  • Keep ALL Receipts
    • Airfare, lodging, taxis, meals, parking, etc. You will only be reimbursed for those items for which you provide itemized receipts.
  • Pay your own expenses
    • If you share a room with someone, you pay your share and get a separate receipt. Do not have one person pay the whole thing, and then be reimbursed.
    • If you eat out, do not have one person pay the entire bill, and then be reimbursed. Get a separate receipt.
  • Alcoholic beverages are not permitted, regardless of the traveler's age.

Travel Claim (TC)

  • When you return from traveling, you should complete a Travel Claim, and turn it that form, along with all receipts, to the ELEG Office. Please make sure you have all receipts, so you do not have to turn in a secondary claim later.
  • After it is completed, you will be asked to review it for accuracy, and then to sign the form.
  • It will then be processed by Departmental staff.
  • You will have the option of being reimbursed via direct deposit or paper check.


Use UAConnect to register for classes and to check class schedules.



ELEG Help- A site on technologies available to ELEG Students

Peer Mentoring

Freshman Engineering Mentoring

The peer mentoring program provides a senior engineering student as an adviser for every new engineering freshman.  Freshmen who choose to participate in the peer mentoring program meet once a week with their mentors and talk about a variety of problems that are likely to be of interest to new students.  The peer mentors receive training from the College of Engineering and advice about what topics to discuss each week.  Both academic and non-academic topics are discussed.  More information on peer mentoring is available at the College of Engineering peer mentoring site.

Sophomore AMPEERS Mentoring

AMPEERS is the peer-mentoring program developed by the Gamma Phi Chapter of Eta Kappa Nu (HKN), the IEEE honor society located at the University of Arkansas. This handbook is a resource for sophomore students to make their transition into the EE department both smooth and enjoyable.  Sophomore students are assigned a mentor (selected Senior or second semester Junior) and encouraged to ask for guidance in any aspect of their career or degree.  The students receive insight that will help them in their courses, help them in future course selection, and provide students with more tools to take with them wherever they may go. For more information, take a look at the Mentee Handbook.


Each Electrical Engineering student is assigned an Electrical Engineering professor to be his or her adviser.  A student's adviser helps him or her select which courses to take each semester and provides advice on all academic matters.  A student's adviser can also direct the student to campus resources for help with non-academic problems.  If you have an adviser, you will see his or her name on the UAConnect "Student Center" page after you login.

Medical Services

The Pat Walker Health Center provides outpatient care for all University of Arkansas students and staff.  Office visits to the clinic are free to students because they are covered in the student health fee.  The Pat Walker Health Center is well staffed and has extensive facilities.  Much more information about university health services is available at the University Health Services site.

Counseling and Psychological Services

The University of Arkansas Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) department provides counseling and psychotherapy as well as a large variety of other services.  Emergency service is available 24 hours a day, including during University holidays.  Much more information about Counseling and Psychological Services is available at the CAPS web site.


University Housing is committed to providing a quality living and learning environment that supports personal, social, and academic development of all students.  The University Housing web site provides a wealth of information on available housing.  They even provide an online "Roommate Profiler" to help students find compatible roommates.