Faculty and Staff

Administrative Forms

Travel Forms

Travel Authorization (TA)

  • You must have a Travel/Spend Authorization in place before you can travel, to ensure that you are covered by University insurance. If you are not employed by the University, please email rsaunder@uark.edu.
  • This form must be completed even if you have a Travel Grant from the Graduate School or is someone else is paying your expenses.
  • A Student Code of Conduct While Traveling form must be completed each academic year.
  • Travel Grant form and travel authorization (after being completed and signed by your professor) need to be turned in to the Electrical Engineering Office. 

Travel Card (TCard)

  • You are responsible for making your own travel arrangements after you turn in your travel authorization form to the department and your travel is approved.
  • There is a departmental administrative travel card available for purchasing airline tickets, hotel, conference registration and rental cars (per university contract - to receive, email rsaunder@uark.edu).
  • If you are going to use the department TCard for airfare, you will need to use Self Register on the Concur travel web site (scroll down and use the red highlighted Self-Registration button).
  • The TCard cannot be used for meals or any other expenses not listed above.

If You Are Driving

  • There are additional requirements that apply to driving a private vehicle or a rental for University Business. 
  • Complete and complete the one time online driving course.
  • Complete the Student Vehicle Safety Program form annually. Bring a physical copy to the EE department. Do not email the form.
  • Go to the Risk Management page for policies and forms, and submit to the Department of Electrical Engineering.

While Traveling

  • Keep ALL Receipts
    • Airfare, lodging, taxis, meals, parking, etc. You will only be reimbursed for those items for which you provide itemized receipts.
  • Pay your own expenses
    • If you share a room with someone, you pay your share and get a separate receipt. Do not have one person pay the whole thing, and then be reimbursed.
    • If you eat out, do not have one person pay the entire bill, and then be reimbursed. Get a separate receipt.
  • Alcoholic beverages are not permitted, regardless of the traveler's age.

Travel Claim (TC)

  • When you return from traveling, you should complete a Travel Claim, and turn it that form, along with all receipts, to the ELEG Office. Please make sure you have all receipts, so you do not have to turn in a secondary claim later.
  • After it is completed, you will be asked to review it for accuracy, and then to sign the form.
  • It will then be processed by Departmental staff.
  • You will have the option of being reimbursed via direct deposit or paper check.

International Travel

All faculty, staff, and students traveling outside of the United States on a University of Arkansas related activity are required to register their travel with the Office of Study Abroad and International Exchange. Spend Authorizations will not be approved in Workday for international travel until the trip has been registered and approved by the Provost (required by Academic Policy 1835.00 for “higher risk” travel). Travelers or their designated proxy should take care of this well in advance of travel and before airfare is purchased, at least 4-6 weeks before travel start.

Travel Registration can be completed by the traveler or by a designated proxy with the following:

· Traveler’s passport information

· Purpose of Travel (with host organization name, if applicable)

· Dates and city destinations of travel

· Emergency contact name, phone, and email

· Name, email and U of A ID of any U of A students accompanying the travel leader

The University of Arkansas does not allow travel, research, or study in locations where the U.S. Department of State has issued a Level 4 Travel Advisory: DO NOT TRAVEL or Level 3 Travel Advisory: RECONSIDER TRAVEL, expect by Petition. In addition, the University may not support travel to locations based on information provided by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) regarding outbreaks of infectious disease.

If the 1835.00 policy is triggered, the traveler must prepare three (3) documents to formally Petition for Exception to the International Travel Policy:

· Petition for Exception - Must be signed off by Department Chair or equivalent, Dean or equivalent, and traveler. If Division of Agriculture employee, it must also be signed off by Division Associate VP.

· Justification – During COVID-19 times, refer to the COVID-19 Travel section to address the four bullet points listed in the justification.

· Waiver – International travelers must be prepared to sign a release & waiver

International Travel Registration

This would include, but is not limited, to the following activities:

· Teaching

· Research

· Professional conference attendance

· MOU development

· Recruiting

· Traveling with students on cultural or athletic events (Students traveling independently for research, attending a conference, etc. and separate from participation on an approved study abroad program are also required to register student travel through the HogsAbroad portal.) 

· https://studyabroad.uark.edu/international-travel/employee-travel-registration.php