A: The Letters of Recommendation for an applicant should be professional in nature. A LOR will directly relate to one’s potential to succeed in graduate studies and their professional future in the field. The letter may be written by anyone who can attest to your:
- skills in the field of study
- research skills
- practical applications of the work
- work ethic
- capacity for success
This may be a previous professor, an employer, etc. It should be someone who is in a good position to evaluate your attributes in the above areas and your specific skill set.
A: The MSEE comprehensive oral exam will follow the standardized format listed below. The entire exam will last about 45‐60 minutes. The exam consists of two parts:
1. Student PowerPoint presentation outlining (approximately ten minutes in duration):
- Previous education: institution, major, special projects completed
- Professional work experience (company, location, job title, brief description)
- List the courses taken as part of the MSEE program including the course number, title, instructor, term and grade.
- One or two slides describing how the MSEE program and curriculum would apply to your professional work (either at present job position or how the MSEE would in the future).
2. The committee will ask several questions of the student covering the student’s coursework.